fbpx

Comment & Recipe

Nov 13, 200920 comments

Dagmar emailed me about the price of a turkey at Publix. Did you guys notice that Publix has their turkey’s priced at .69¢ per pound…that is a FANTASTIC price.  Dagmar commented that she watched prices last year and the lowest they dropped was to .79¢ per pound.  We are both very excited about the price!!

We will be out of town for Thanksgiving but I am still going to grab at least two turkeys at that price.  Think about it…an 8-lb bird will cost about $5.50.  I can easily get THREE meals from one bird making the cost of meat per meal less than $2!  Turkey is so versatile –I can serve the breast sliced with gravy the first night, make a turkey tetrazzini the next night and then maybe a turkey pot pie a few days later.  The recipes are varied so that my family would not even notice the repetition of the meat!

I am not sure if Publix carries Butterball but even at .99/lb you can get almost as good of a deal buying a small bird.  There is a $2/1 Butterball coupon HERE.  If you buy an eight pound bird at .99/lb and use the $2/1 coupon you are paying less than $6 for a turkey.  These are the times I wish I had a bigger freezer 🙂

Just wanted to point out the deal in case anyone missed it.  If you need an idea on how to cook the turkey breast– Laurie over at Publix Penny Pincher has a slow cooker recipe HERE that sound easy and delicious!

Follow me on social media

20 Comments

1. Don’t forget turkey TACOS, and turkey BURRITOS, and STIR-FRY… is there anything that isn’t fabulous with turkey in it???

2. Don’t forget turkey TACOS, and turkey BURRITOS, and STIR-FRY… is there anything that isn’t fabulous with turkey in it???

3. Oooooh!! Thank you! Excellent deal!!! I checked out the Crock Pot recipe and looks like an easy and yummy way to cook turkey. Loved the tip of getting meat guy to cut in half to fit in crock pot. I never think of those things…and sure would make it a whole lot easier to fit in freezer and handle. Thanks soooo much!!

4. Oooooh!! Thank you! Excellent deal!!! I checked out the Crock Pot recipe and looks like an easy and yummy way to cook turkey. Loved the tip of getting meat guy to cut in half to fit in crock pot. I never think of those things…and sure would make it a whole lot easier to fit in freezer and handle. Thanks soooo much!!

5. I know this is only a Publix blog but I do want to say that Walmart has an even better deal for turkeys at 0.40c/lb.

6. I know this is only a Publix blog but I do want to say that Walmart has an even better deal for turkeys at 0.40c/lb.

7. I believe turkeys are 39 cents a pound at Wal Mart nationwide. That is a steal. Publix turkeys are really not very good. I am always disappointed in them.

8. I believe turkeys are 39 cents a pound at Wal Mart nationwide. That is a steal. Publix turkeys are really not very good. I am always disappointed in them.

9. Turkeys will be $0.48/lb at the SuperTarget near me (Milton, GA). I had a nice talk with the meat manager. THey have a pallet left from last year that he is going to push this year.

10. Turkeys will be $0.48/lb at the SuperTarget near me (Milton, GA). I had a nice talk with the meat manager. THey have a pallet left from last year that he is going to push this year.

11. Publix does carry butterball. Bought a 10 lb turkey yesterday using a $2.00 off coupon and paid $8.00 for a 10 lb turkey.

12. Publix does carry butterball. Bought a 10 lb turkey yesterday using a $2.00 off coupon and paid $8.00 for a 10 lb turkey.

13. hasn’t anyone seen the wine tag thats for $2 off any turkey, no wine purchase necessary? I snagged a few and actually already bought a few of the cheapo turkeys. Sorry, turkey is turkey when it’s fried!

14. hasn’t anyone seen the wine tag thats for $2 off any turkey, no wine purchase necessary? I snagged a few and actually already bought a few of the cheapo turkeys. Sorry, turkey is turkey when it’s fried!

15. Jan I saw the Butterball wine tags but they stated you had to buy the wine in my store.

Carol the Butterballs were HUGE at my store. Cost $20 and up.

So I got a $6.27 Publix (.69 cent per pound) overage paid for it…no coupons for it. Also I was disappointed but the Meat Guy said they no longer can cut frozen turkeys in half anymore…Liabilty reasons. Company policy. Boo!

Sam I did call Walmart today and they are running the .40 per pound for a generic brand, .69 for Honeysuckles and .99 per pound for Butterball through end of Nov. But they were out.

Leandra…Ummm a pallet from LAST YEAR ?? Wow can you freeze Turkeys for that long?? That sure seems like a long time. Hmmmmm.

Anyways here goes another great big THANK YOU to all who make this website possible. My oop was .15 cents today!!! and that was with the turkey. WOO HOO!!! Love ya!!

16. Jan I saw the Butterball wine tags but they stated you had to buy the wine in my store.

Carol the Butterballs were HUGE at my store. Cost $20 and up.

So I got a $6.27 Publix (.69 cent per pound) overage paid for it…no coupons for it. Also I was disappointed but the Meat Guy said they no longer can cut frozen turkeys in half anymore…Liabilty reasons. Company policy. Boo!

Sam I did call Walmart today and they are running the .40 per pound for a generic brand, .69 for Honeysuckles and .99 per pound for Butterball through end of Nov. But they were out.

Leandra…Ummm a pallet from LAST YEAR ?? Wow can you freeze Turkeys for that long?? That sure seems like a long time. Hmmmmm.

Anyways here goes another great big THANK YOU to all who make this website possible. My oop was .15 cents today!!! and that was with the turkey. WOO HOO!!! Love ya!!

17. My mom snagged a giant (20+lb) Honeysuckle turkey at Bi-Lo today for .49 a pound with her bonuscard. I’m going to have to start thawing it before the end of the week!

18. My mom snagged a giant (20+lb) Honeysuckle turkey at Bi-Lo today for .49 a pound with her bonuscard. I’m going to have to start thawing it before the end of the week!

19. At my Publix (FL) in order to get a turkey at .69/lb must get a 20lb or more.

20. At my Publix (FL) in order to get a turkey at .69/lb must get a 20lb or more.

Leave a Reply

iHeartPublix On Instagram

Subscribe