RSS widget

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

images-2 ss_clickprintsave-300x250-v1 Grocery_125x125hopster-ihppublix-digital-coupons

How can we get the BOGO's in the Atlanta division to be TRUE BOGOS?

I know that many of you in Florida already have the true BOGO's where one item is at regular cost and the second item is entirely free. I haven't couponed for more than a year because of the massive changes at Publix and I am now starting back more slowly and looking at it with a slightly different approach. If we have a manufacturers coupon for a free product of substantial savings for a single item it is so much more beneficial to have a true BOGO rather than a BOGO in the Atlanta district where it is not actually a BOGO but rather you have the item at half price and can then choose to buy only one product at half price. I see where a person who is highly reduced on their storage would like this but the majority of shoppers I deal with certainly can use two items. What are your thoughts on this and how would we approach this to have it changed it there is a general consensus that we should move forward on this suggestion?

Comments

• maureenlmaureenl admin
    edited August 10
    As you noted, Florida is the only True BOGO state for Publix.

When Publix expanded (and continues to expand) into Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia, the company chose a half-price BOGO model.

I don't know why Publix decided to use a half-price model instead of a true BOGO model outside of Florida, but half-price is clearly the company's preference for new territory. I don't know why, and you would need to begin by finding out why Publix did not continue with true BOGO when it began expanding out of Florida almost 30 years ago.

I don't believe it's realistic to expect Publix to change 400+ non-Florida stores to a true BOGO model when the reason for wanting the change is related to the value of free product coupons, which are extremely rare to begin with.
    Florida

Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

Feedback: http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/8313089/maureenl
  • With the recent trend in coupon restrictions (limit one per transaction/limit one coupon per household per day), I'd much rather keep half BOGOs, as I don't have to buy two to get the deal. True BOGO shoppers must buy two, but can only use one coupon with those limits.
    aka tn_native == AL/TN border with 50¢ Doubles (for now) and Half price BOGOs
  • danyelndanyeln ✭✭✭
    I could be wrong but I thought that the true BOGO in Florida was dictated by state law somehow. Also as a single person I prefer half price BOGO because I don't usually need two of many things I buy.
    Nicole
    Montgomery