RSS widget

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

images-2 ss_clickprintsave-300x250-v1 Grocery_125x125hopster-ihpcommon-kindness-ihppublix-digital-coupons

Not accepting coupons for "free" items

Has this happened to anyone? I've been couponing for 4 years now and this is the first time. I ran into Publix to get some last minute deals before the ad is over. I had a BOGO coupon for Stonefire naan bread which happened to be already on sale BOGO. The cashier said she couldn't accept it because it was already buy one get one and it would be the products free. Umm, yeah isn't that the point of holding onto coupons for super deals??

Then I tried the laughing cow deal and she stopped that coupon too. She said I couldn't use my $1 off dippers coupon because that item was already "free" (with the store coupon). I never argue with cashiers because all it does is hold up the line and I didn't want to make her feel bad if I marched up to customer service.

Did Publix change the policy and no longer accept coupons on free items? Is it a store decision? Or was the cashier just incorrect?

Comments

• jojo ✭✭✭
    Cashier was definitely incorrect!
    Jo - NW mATL Acworth, GA
    Trade Feedback: http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/3743303/jo#latest
  • toppertopper ✭✭✭
    Sounds like that cashier didn't have a nutritious breakfast.
    Topper
    Fletcher, NC

The Prime Minister of Couponing from Non-European Britain
  • I used the Stonefire coupon last week, actually I used two of them and got four free packs of the naan bread. The cashier accepted the coupon without any problem.