RSS widget

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

images-2 ss_clickprintsave-300x250-v1 Grocery_125x125hopster-ihpcommon-kindness-ihppublix-digital-coupons

Publix Digital coupons not coming off at check out

I have noticed an ongoing issue with the digital coupons. It seems like when I put my phone number in at check out, it never takes off any coupons, but if I have the cashier put in my phone number then it does take them. Anyone else have this issue?
Linda
Gainesville

Comments

• I pretty much gave up on DQs, as they don't come off, Publix customer service tell me they can't help and send me to Inmar (company that runs it). Inmar gives you the 3rd degree on why that select product isn't included when the offer said ANY.
    aka tn_native == AL/TN border with 50¢ Doubles (for now) and Half price BOGOs
  • jojo ✭✭✭
    I never use DQ's anymore...half the time they didn't come off, the other half, I forgot to put in my phone number at the register. I also don't like that the $.50 and under don't double (in my area) like the printed ones do. Just easier all around to use insert/printed coupons, for me anyway.
    Jo - NW mATL Acworth, GA
    Trade Feedback: http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/3743303/jo#latest
  • I have the same issues. The other day I started to question why one didn't come off my total and she stopped me and told me rudely that they have nothing to do with it. I have also been told they are limited numbers of coupons available. Doing most of my shopping at Aldi these days,less hassle.
  • I don't know if this will help however I know there is always confusion about the publix digital coupons. The digital coupon is a manufacturer coupon not a Publix coupon so you can not use a paper coupon and a digital coupon for the same item. It has to be one or the other not both. Hope this helps.
  • toppertopper ✭✭✭
    Just started using the Publix digital coupons this morning. I entered my phone number and they all came off as expected. I was not using additional coupons for the same product, but would have if I had any store q's.
    Topper
    Fletcher, NC

The Prime Minister of Couponing from Non-European Britain
  • I usually only mess with DQ if it's a freebie such as currently the Eureka! bread, which was free after DQ a couple months ago, too.
    The other time I used DQ was for pepsi/snacks promo ($5 off at the register and additional $5 off with DQ wyb qualifying products). I try to plan it out and do this type of transaction separate from my usual paper coupons transaction.

New to ibotta?
  • jojo ✭✭✭
    Just for kicks, tried DQ's again this past week and lo-and-behold, it didn't work AGAIN! I had 2 DQ's...one on Quilted Northern and the other on Brawny. The Quilted Northern came off as expected, but not the Brawny. Had to go to CS desk and get the Brawny $1 refunded. Sooooo, I'm done with them now for good!
    Jo - NW mATL Acworth, GA
  • johnejohne ✭✭✭
    The problem with DQ's that I have seen is due to the fact that the DQ will result in more coupons than items purchased. Using strictly paper coupons, of course, you have to get a supervisor override if the number of coupons exceeds the number of items purchased. If the number of paper coupons you use does not exceed the number of items purchased, but using DQ's will result in this being the case, you just need to get a supervisor override and the DQ's will come off in my experience. I rarely have a problem with DQ's being applied.
    Acworth, GA feedback http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/3826368/johne#latest I request not to be sent coupons that have been bought from clipping sites or ebay.
  • jojo ✭✭✭
    @ johne - Not doubting your explanation, as I'm sure that happens often enough, but for me it was not the case. I had 84 items and 62 coupons (including the digital ones). I use a shopping spreadsheet and total items and total coupons are part of it. I always try to make sure I have more items than coupons, just so I don't hold up the line at the registers while waiting for supervisor to override. I think I'll just stick to my paper coupons and be happy with that. It's no biggie to me anyway.
    Jo - NW mATL Acworth, GA
  • gomerswifegomerswife ✭✭✭
    I normally have more grocery items than coupons, but it is possible that it happened once or twice. I know I have entered my phone number correctly and I have printed out a sheet with the coupons I clipped digitally just so I know which ones are still available and when they expire. It is just strange that sometimes I can enter my own phone number and sometimes it won't take it and I have to ask the cashier to put it in for me. Just seems like whenever the cashier enters it, it takes them off. I count myself lucky that I am even able to load the digital coupons since I had so many problems before and had to call Publix to get help and still didn't resolve the issue of being able to download the coupons. it was just all so very strange. God help me, I know just enough information on technology to be dangerous..... : :blush:
    Linda
    Gainesville