RSS widget

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

images-2 ss_clickprintsave-300x250-v1 Grocery_125x125hopster-ihppublix-digital-coupons

$1.54 For an Apple?

So the person in front of me last night @ Publix bought 2 apples for $1.54 each. Not 2 lbs. Just 2 apples.

:-O Every now and then I have a case of extreme sticker shock.

Comments

• n77n77 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    I hate to confess, but I buy those expensive apples occasionally, the Honeycrisp Apples. They are worth the splurge from time to time (for me) but so expensive!
  • Usually stores around here price loose produce per pound. I think honey crisps around here are $1.67/lb- but I know around winter they are a little pricier. I think the best apples are the Fuji or pink lady apples. $1.54- that sounds like a hospital cafeteria price (which ironically prices the healthy food far above the unhealthy food).
    ISO: Lindt coupons, Gatorade coupons, Pepsi coupons
  • Who has so low prices? :). In Ft.Lauderdale area honey crisps were $3.29 not so long time ago and it's $2.99 right now. I was always laughing when people were saying that in order to rich $30.00 they were buying a glove of garlic. It would cost around $2.00 each in our Publix stores.
  • n77n77 ✭✭✭
    I think I've seen Honey Crisps priced closer to $4 a pound at times, they can be so expensive in Florida. On a super duper sale, maybe just under $2 a pound, I've never seen them really cheap, like other apples. I do love them!
  • Had to be Honeycrisps. They max out at 3.99/lb here and I have bought them at that price. Not to mention they are usually really big and heavy for their size too. I figure I am saving enough elsewhere to splurge on my $8 for 3 apples.
    Nicole
    Montgomery
  • qrowanqrowan ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    No joke, that had to be the apple my son grabbed 2 weeks back when he was in the produce aisle with my husband. Sure it was a big apple but it rang up at about $2.39 all by itself. Whhhhaaat? :-O Come on! It wasn't even organic! :((
  • n77n77 ✭✭✭
    It is amazing how expensive they are but I think they are amazing. I've had cashiers mention that my apples would be $$, surely it's a mistake that I put them in my cart, the ones that know me to be a careful couponer, and I have to confess that it is one of my necessary splurges. :)
  • Hmmmmm, I've never had a honey crisp apple, so maybe I should be glad that ignorance is bliss!!! :D
  • The first thing I thought of was Honey Crisp. I must admit to paying non sale prices for Honey Crisp, no other apple compares IMO. :)
  • Friday after work I popped into Publix for some things and picked up 3 Honeycrisp apples. Final price 8.69, I laughed when I saw the total since I had mentioned it earlier in the week.
    Nicole
    Montgomery
  • n77n77 ✭✭✭
    So funny, @danyeln ! There is always a sticker shock from buying them when they are not on sale. Heck, I get sticker shock even when they are on sale!