RSS widget

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

images-2 ss_clickprintsave-300x250-v1 Grocery_125x125hopster-ihpcommon-kindness-ihppublix-digital-coupons

Tampa Tribune puts out a Reward

Saw this for the first time this morning in the Tampa Tribune... (couldn't figure out how to post a pic!)

Save Your Coupons! Reward!

The Tampa Tribune is offering a reward for any information that results in stopping individuals or companies that obtain quantities of coupon inserts through unauthorized methods. It's highlighted in red and lists an email address so people can go online and report fraud.

Thoughts?
Happiest Saving!

Comments

• claudiaclaudia ✭✭✭
    This seems really odd to me - does the paper still have RP inserts? I live in the NW part of FL (so we have RP inserts, but they pretty much stink).

What type of reward could a newspaper offer - they are always complaining about circulation problems & not making enough money.

I can imagine a scenario where competing coupon suppliers turn each other in and then they all go out of business in that area. Perhaps that is what they are aiming for? :(
  • lilylily ✭✭✭✭
    ramos46 said:

Saw this for the first time this morning in the Tampa Tribune... (couldn't figure out how to post a pic!)

Save Your Coupons! Reward!

The Tampa Tribune is offering a reward for any information that results in stopping individuals or companies that obtain quantities of coupon inserts through unauthorized methods. It's highlighted in red and lists an email address so people can go online and report fraud.

Thoughts?

So there ARE authorized methods to obtain quantities of inserts. I asked where coupon sellers got their inserts early on when I started couponing, but never got a clear answer. I finally stopped asking and presumed Santa just drops them off to the sellers while they sleep. =))
  • Lol lily.
    I know here there have been problems with people going to those newspaper machines and paying for one newspaper while stealing inserts from EVERY single newspaper in the machine!!!
    Once I saw an episode of extreme couponing (I find the show somewhat entertaining- I know some ppl hate) and the woman ran a local newspaper circulation and got all her coupons from the papers that didn't circulate (which looked like thousands- what a waste/destruction of the environment!!). I just assumed she also sold coupons after the fact.
    ISO: Lindt coupons, Gatorade coupons, Pepsi coupons
  • Red Plum comes to mind as being the driving force behind this. They pulled their inserts from Tampa, but RP is getting complaints and the Tampa papers are losing subscriptions.

I am sure Red Plum wants to resume insertions in Tampa, but not until they are assured that the inserts meant only for sale individually in Tampa papers are not finding their way to clipping sites for bulk resale. I would bet good money they are all watching the clipping sites in the Tampa area, and they can see that clippers are getting hundreds of coupons that are only distributed in the Tampa area (like all those Publix coupons).
    Florida

Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

Feedback: http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/8313089/maureenl
  • qrowanqrowan ✭✭✭
    While on the subject of RedPlum being pulled from the paper in Tampa. I know people are supposed to be getting them in the mail here. In New Tampa, I did. In Brandon, I know my relatives do. Seffner family... zip-zap-nada. Anyone else have this issue? I haven't gone to speak to my local Post Office yet, but one of these days we are going to have a heart-to-heart.
  • ramos46ramos46 ✭✭✭
    I would think that if the Tribune wanted to police 'unauthorized' methods of obtaining inserts, they would start with their very own distributors/sellers first. Then, if they were really serious...it couldn't be that hard to find real fraudsters and hold them accountable...wouldn't that be news?! So why the ad?
    Happiest Saving!
  • renearenea ✭✭✭
    qrowan said:

While on the subject of RedPlum being pulled from the paper in Tampa. I know people are supposed to be getting them in the mail here. In New Tampa, I did. In Brandon, I know my relatives do. Seffner family... zip-zap-nada. Anyone else have this issue? I haven't gone to speak to my local Post Office yet, but one of these days we are going to have a heart-to-heart.

The RP I get in the mail today is the same as the one I received prior to RP pulling their inserts in the Tampa Bay Area. It has no RP coupons and is filled with junk mailings & some weekly grocery stores ads. :(

http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/12112617/renea#latest
    Tampa Bay (area), FL
    ISO: Dr. Pepper Q's (Pepsi Product here) :)
  • I do not get the RP mailed to me either. It is the zip code I live in. I went to RP's web site right after they stopped putting them in the newspapers and I entered my zip code and it said they are not sent in the mail to my zip code. My sister lives 8 miles away but in a different zip code and she gets them in the mail. Makes no sense. If you want to check for yourself just go to redplum.com and scroll down a little. One the right you should see COUPON FINDER RED PLUM NEAR YOU. Click on that and then enter your address and it will show you if your area gets them mailed or not.
  • According to this article, Red Plum has been sending cease and desist letters to clipping sites. And another company was behind the shutdown of about 100 coupon FB groups that openly advocated the sale or misuse of coupons:

http://couponsinthenews.com/2014/10/24/revealed-the-real-reason-facebook-shut-down-those-coupon-groups/

Florida

Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

Feedback: http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/8313089/maureenl