RSS widget

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

images-2 ss_clickprintsave-300x250-v1 Grocery_125x125hopster-ihpcommon-kindness-ihppublix-digital-coupons

No more target coupons nationwide?

I read this in a comment on Iheartpublix

"Laura S says
October 15, 2014 at 5:35 pm
According to my store this Friday is the last day any Publix will accept Target coupons since they have been ruled not a “grocery store” competitor under the new coupon policy that begins Sat."

is this true, all of you that work for Publix have you heard about this?

my stores told me that they were no changes in competitors( target being one of them) and I think if this a nationwide change they will have them in the new policy or stated somewhere.

what do you think?

thanks

Comments

• Technically, Target is more like WalMart than a traditional grocery store. No Publix that I know of considers WalMart Supercenters to be competitors, so in that sense, no Super Target should be considered a competitor. Nevertheless, Super Targets have a full grocery store inside the building, and for that reason, Publix has consistently considered Super Targets to be in competition with nearby Publix stores for food and other grocery dollars. Target also regularly releases a fair number of store coupons for food, baby, household cleaners, pet foods, etc., in printable and booklet form. Target releases coupons in the Sunday inserts for those items.

Unless this is something very recent, only some Publix stores are dropping Target from the competitor list. I've asked at all my nearby Publix stores, and only the ones that are 6-7 miles from the local Super Target are dropping Target. I've been told by cashiers at those stores that as of October 18, the store will no longer take Target coupons but will continue to take Winn Dixie coupons. The Publix stores closest to the Super Target told me there is no way they are dropping Target. I heard things like, "Are you kidding? It's just down the street a couple of miles! No way are we dropping Target."

Incidentally, the CS folks at one of the stores that is dropping Target told me it would be a company-wide policy, but other stores (managers) have flatly contradicted them and said they don't know what they're talking about.

We shall see, but I believe the Publix people who said they have no intention of dropping Target.
    Florida

Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

Feedback: http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/8313089/maureenl
  • shawnzishawnzi ✭✭✭
    SOME stores are using the new coupon policy as a good time to stop taking some competitors.
    But, this is NOT happening at all stores, by far! So many stores are misinformed, and then misinforming their customers, who are then unknowingly spreading misinformation.
    Unless your particular store tells you they are going to stop taking Target, don't worry about it. ;)
  • qpongalqpongal ✭✭✭✭
    I asked at my store, & they told me that they discussed possibly stopping taking the TQ's BUT decided to keep it !! (but we did lose one of our other competitors that wasn't even close by & not really even a competitor imho).
    So, some stores will stop taking them with this policy change "opportunity" for them & others will continue. I doubt it is a corp wide thing...just some mis communication & mis interpretation for the most part.
    Fl. Panhandle: The BLACK HOLE of coupons! Feedback: http://iheartpublix.vanillaforums.com/discussion/3770439/qpongal#latest
  • thanks I will go and ask again, my stores are less than 3 miles from a target so they probably keep taking them.
  • romypau77 said:

thanks I will go and ask again, my stores are less than 3 miles from a target so they probably keep taking them.

It might depend on what type of Target it is (regular or Super Target). One person here said her Publix won't take Target after October 18 even though that Publix is right next to a Target, but it's a regular Target. Many stores only consider Super Targets to be competitors.
    Florida

Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

Feedback: http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/8313089/maureenl
  • maureenl said:

romypau77 said:

thanks I will go and ask again, my stores are less than 3 miles from a target so they probably keep taking them.

It might depend on what type of Target it is (regular or Super Target). One person here said her Publix won't take Target after October 18 even though that Publix is right next to a Target, but it's a regular Target. Many stores only consider Super Targets to be competitors.
    mine are super target, fingers cross