RSS widget

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

images-2 ss_clickprintsave-300x250-v1 Grocery_125x125hopster-ihpcommon-kindness-ihppublix-digital-coupons

not sure about the $5 off $25 worth of frozen goods

I have a question about those $5 dollar off $25 worth of frozen coupons.
In the new coupon policy it states “We consider competitor’s coupons for
dollar off groups of items to be a dollar-off-total order coupon and will allow one per day….”
Does this mean we can buy anything and use that coupon as dollar off coupon or do
we need to purchase frozen items? My thinking is that we can use it to buy anything?
Does anyone know for sure?

Comments

• No, I believe you still have to go by the wording on the coupon and buy $25 worth of frozen foods, but the usage of it is still considered to be a dollar-off-total order Q.
  • maureenlmaureenl admin
    edited October 2014
    julesb said:

I have a question about those $5 dollar off $25 worth of frozen coupons.
    In the new coupon policy it states “We consider competitor’s coupons for
    dollar off groups of items to be a dollar-off-total order coupon and will allow one per day….”
    Does this mean we can buy anything and use that coupon as dollar off coupon or do
    we need to purchase frozen items? My thinking is that we can use it to buy anything?
    Does anyone know for sure?

This question has been answered by Publix corporate in emails and on the Publix Facebook page. You have to buy whatever the coupon says you need to buy (frozen food items, pet food, hair care, etc.,) if that is what is specified on the coupon. With less-restrictive total-order coupons (Winn Dixie $5/$30 or $5/$50, Publix $5/$40, Whole Foods $10/$50, Fresh Market $5/$30, etc.) you are pretty much free to buy any groceries because those coupons only exclude items such as postage stamps, tobacco, alcohol, money orders, etc.

What Publix means by saying they consider competitor groups-of-items coupons to be the same as a dollar-off-total coupons is that for purposes of adhering to the daily limit for $/$$ competitor coupons, the Target $5/$25 frozen food coupon is in the same category as the Winn Dixie $5/$30 coupon, etc., and you may only use one of them per household per day.

So if your store takes Target and Winn Dixie, for example, you would have to choose between using the Target $5/$25 frozen food (and you would need to buy $25 in frozen food to use it) or you could use the $5/$30 Winn Dixie coupon (buying any groceries), but you may not use both coupons in a single day.

Or if you have a $5/$40 Publix coupon and the $5/$25 Target frozen food coupon, you could use both in one day if you buy $25 in frozen food for the Target coupon AND buy $40 in other groceries for the Publix coupon ($65 total before coupons) because we are allowed to use one $/$$ Publix and one $/$$ competitor coupon per household per day.
    Florida

Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

Feedback: http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/8313089/maureenl