RSS widget

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

images-2 ss_clickprintsave-300x250-v1 Grocery_125x125hopster-ihpcommon-kindness-ihppublix-digital-coupons

Walmart Savings Catcher

crazedmommyof3crazedmommyof3 ✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in Discussions & Questions
Has anyone used this service? There are rumors that Walmart will be phasing out price-match and/or BOGO price-match (in Florida) in favor of Savings Catcher. I don't shop at Walmart (at least not for pricematch...way to frustrating!), but I'm wondering if Savings Catcher is a good alternative? If I don't have to deal with belligerent Walmart staff, I might actually divert some of my business there...especially since we have it on good authority that Publix is changing its coupon policy.

Any thoughts?
«1

Comments

  • It's easy to use, and if you have a mobile phone, you can set it up so that you only have to enter your phone number when you check out, and Savings Catcher will automatically scan the items you bought to see if a competitor has a lower price. Otherwise, you can enter the transaction number online or scan your receipt with the app using your smartphone or tablet.

    MQs don't count.

    I haven't saved anything yet, but I have exclusively BOGO-matched the WD and Publix ads, so I am getting a really low price.

    I am not sure if Savings Catcher will rebate the customer if a competitor has a lower price that is not an advertised straight sale price ($2.00 each) but is rather a half-price or BOGO sale where the adjusted price is not clear in the ad. For instance, if Publix has a BOGO sale with "save up to $3.79" in the fine print, and you paid $2.19 for that item at WalMart, will you be reimbursed $0.30 based on the adjusted BOGO price? I don't know, but I think not.

    At any rate, I've heard two dates for the end of WalMart BOGO-matching: October 1 and January 1. October 1 will be the 1st anniversary of BOGO-matching in Florida, so it makes sense as an end date (sad face here).
    Florida

    Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

    Feedback: http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/8313089/maureenl
  • I think it's a decent alternative. In my experience, the savings catcher does actually seem to translate a bogo sale into half price. So as mentioned above, it would say publix has this item for 1.80 and yes you would get the .30 back.
    central fl
  • Sorry, typo- 1.90 that is :)
    central fl
  • dontmisuseqsdontmisuseqs ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    I think that WM is banking on this, but what it won't do is pay you back for tiny stores that I price-match from. The Mom & Pop FoodValue Store, the Piggly Wiggly (or affiliate), etc. They really only pay you back from larger chains, Kroger, Publix, Winn-Dixie, and Target. I don't know if Dollar General/Dollar Tree would even be considered by WM.

    I always do my homework when it comes to shopping by looking at all the online ads, so I know what the best price is that week.
    aka tn_native == AL/TN border with 50¢ Doubles (for now) and Half price BOGOs
  • I think that WM is banking on this, but what it won't do is pay you back for tiny stores that I price-match from. The Mom & Pop FoodValue Store, the Piggly Wiggly (or affiliate), etc. They really only pay you back from larger chains, Kroger, Publix, Winn-Dixie, and Target. I don't know if Dollar General/Dollar Tree would even be considered by WM.

    I always do my homework when it comes to shopping by looking at all the online ads, so I know what the best price is that week.

    This is one of the things I was really curious about. We have a lot of mom&pop stores that offer really low prices, so low that I get a lot of my produce there instead of at Publix. While they do send out flyers, these stores only number about 3 total.

    Plus, do you know if they will "catch" multiples? Say if I bought 8 Tylenol, will I get reimbursed for all 8?

    Things that make you go hmmmmmmm!
  • I was told by a store manager that the savings catcher is replacing bogo matching, and that the swap over will be October 1st tentatively. Don't know if it's true.. But I'm ok with it as long as the savings catcher actually does a good job. Been using it for a few weeks and have only noticed minimal kinks.
  • Also, to answer on whether it will catch multiples, the answer is: it will only catch 4 of each item, unfortunately.
  • Also, to answer on whether it will catch multiples, the answer is: it will only catch 4 of each item, unfortunately.

    Good to know =D>
  • I BOGO matched Edy's ice cream last week. Walmart's price was $3.88 and CVS had is on sale for $3.50, so I got 38 cents back, and two ice creams for $3.50! Love it!

    This week Winn Dixie has Kraft shredded cheese BOGO. I matched it at Walmart for $2.88, but Target has it on sale for $2. I'm waiting to see if I get the 88 cents back and end up getting 2 packs of cheese for $2. If so, I'll be going back! That's even better than using Publix's $2 off 2 coupon at Winn Dixie and getting 2 bags for $2.49!
  • lauriex said:

    I BOGO matched Edy's ice cream last week. Walmart's price was $3.88 and CVS had is on sale for $3.50, so I got 38 cents back, and two ice creams for $3.50! Love it!

    This week Winn Dixie has Kraft shredded cheese BOGO. I matched it at Walmart for $2.88, but Target has it on sale for $2. I'm waiting to see if I get the 88 cents back and end up getting 2 packs of cheese for $2. If so, I'll be going back! That's even better than using Publix's $2 off 2 coupon at Winn Dixie and getting 2 bags for $2.49!

    Thanks for the info! Can I ask, how long was the turnaround for you to get the $$ back?
  • What if you bought two Kraft cheeses for $2.88 each ($5.76), use the Publix $2/2 to pay $3.76 OOP, and then let Savings Catcher match the WD BOGO? Would that work? Would Savings Catcher reimburse you $2.88? You'd pay $0.44 per package if it works that way.

    According to Savings Catcher, coupons are not supposed to figure into the calculation, but I am sure that refers to manufacturer coupons. I have never used a store coupon like the $2/2 Publix cheese Q at WalMart, so I don't know if they deduct it at the end like a regular coupon or if they reduce the price of the item up front (ringing up the cheese for $1.88 each in this case).

    Florida

    Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

    Feedback: http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/8313089/maureenl
  • jojo ✭✭✭

    I think that WM is banking on this, but what it won't do is pay you back for tiny stores that I price-match from. The Mom & Pop FoodValue Store, the Piggly Wiggly (or affiliate), etc. They really only pay you back from larger chains, Kroger, Publix, Winn-Dixie, and Target. I don't know if Dollar General/Dollar Tree would even be considered by WM.

    My Savings Catcher lists 68 local stores that they price match...Dollar Tree, General Dollar, Family Dollar, all the pharmacies, plus stores like Toys-R-Us, office supply and sporting goods stores. Pretty impressive list, to say the least!
    Jo - NW mATL Acworth, GA
    Trade Feedback: http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/3743303/jo#latest
  • Something else I've realized in going over my savings catcher.... Which may not matter for much longer if savings catcher is replacing bogo matching. If I've bought 2 different flavors of a bogo, I end up getting extra money back because it actually matches the same bogo I matched... Kind of confusing but let me give an example. I bought 1 Edys choc and one vanilla bogo matching the publix sale. I think they were 3.88 at walmart. Publix price was 6.15. So the receipt showed one at 3.88 and one at 0.00. Half of 6.15 is 3.08. So the savings catcher "caught" that the publix 3.08 was cheaper than the 3.88. If I had gotten two of the same flavor, it would show as 2 for 3.88 and I did not get anything back on savings catcher. Wasn't trying to do this, but I have noticed this on other things too, like buying two different flavors of lays potato chips.
    central fl
  • renearenea ✭✭✭
    @annej138 I only had 24 cents lol in my Savings Catcher until I bought the Bogo Lay's Chips last week (only bought 2 total) and they were different flavors and it gave me $0.74 I believe....odd!
    http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/12112617/renea#latest
    Tampa Bay (area), FL
    ISO: Dr. Pepper Q's (Pepsi Product here) :)
  • annej138 said:

    Something else I've realized in going over my savings catcher.... Which may not matter for much longer if savings catcher is replacing bogo matching. If I've bought 2 different flavors of a bogo, I end up getting extra money back because it actually matches the same bogo I matched... Kind of confusing but let me give an example. I bought 1 Edys choc and one vanilla bogo matching the publix sale. I think they were 3.88 at walmart. Publix price was 6.15. So the receipt showed one at 3.88 and one at 0.00. Half of 6.15 is 3.08. So the savings catcher "caught" that the publix 3.08 was cheaper than the 3.88. If I had gotten two of the same flavor, it would show as 2 for 3.88 and I did not get anything back on savings catcher. Wasn't trying to do this, but I have noticed this on other things too, like buying two different flavors of lays potato chips.

    I was just about to report the same thing! I was reviewing my new receipts and noticed that they showed quantity=2 and price was divided in half. But on past receipts when I've gotten credit, it was because I was buying 2 different flavors. So now I think I need to go buy some more cheese - but NOT 2 identical items!
  • maureenl said:

    What if you bought two Kraft cheeses for $2.88 each ($5.76), use the Publix $2/2 to pay $3.76 OOP, and then let Savings Catcher match the WD BOGO? Would that work? Would Savings Catcher reimburse you $2.88? You'd pay $0.44 per package if it works that way.

    According to Savings Catcher, coupons are not supposed to figure into the calculation, but I am sure that refers to manufacturer coupons. I have never used a store coupon like the $2/2 Publix cheese Q at WalMart, so I don't know if they deduct it at the end like a regular coupon or if they reduce the price of the item up front (ringing up the cheese for $1.88 each in this case).

    You can't use competitor coupons at Walmart, can you? THAT would be awesome, but I'm sure it's too good to be true.
  • lauriex said:

    I BOGO matched Edy's ice cream last week. Walmart's price was $3.88 and CVS had is on sale for $3.50, so I got 38 cents back, and two ice creams for $3.50! Love it!

    This week Winn Dixie has Kraft shredded cheese BOGO. I matched it at Walmart for $2.88, but Target has it on sale for $2. I'm waiting to see if I get the 88 cents back and end up getting 2 packs of cheese for $2. If so, I'll be going back! That's even better than using Publix's $2 off 2 coupon at Winn Dixie and getting 2 bags for $2.49!

    Thanks for the info! Can I ask, how long was the turnaround for you to get the $$ back?
    I think it usually takes a couple of days, although it's been 48 hours and I'm still waiting on my most recent receipts. But now that I realize I should have bought 2 different flavors, I'm not too hopeful of getting anything back (but I'm ready to go buy more!)
  • lauriex said:

    maureenl said:

    What if you bought two Kraft cheeses for $2.88 each ($5.76), use the Publix $2/2 to pay $3.76 OOP, and then let Savings Catcher match the WD BOGO? Would that work? Would Savings Catcher reimburse you $2.88? You'd pay $0.44 per package if it works that way.

    According to Savings Catcher, coupons are not supposed to figure into the calculation, but I am sure that refers to manufacturer coupons. I have never used a store coupon like the $2/2 Publix cheese Q at WalMart, so I don't know if they deduct it at the end like a regular coupon or if they reduce the price of the item up front (ringing up the cheese for $1.88 each in this case).

    You can't use competitor coupons at Walmart, can you? THAT would be awesome, but I'm sure it's too good to be true.
    My WalMart will take the Publix Kraft cheese $2/2.

    Florida

    Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

    Feedback: http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/8313089/maureenl
  • It takes 72 hours for the savings catcher to do its thing for each receipt... Unless you're a dummy like me and forget to set your store in the app (I went a week or so before I figured that one out!) LOL
  • crazedmommyof3crazedmommyof3 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    So far this all looks like pretty good news to me! I'm hoping that Savings Catcher will list stores like Presidente and Sedanos, mostly for the produce and meat prices...
  • In just a few weeks and about 3-4 trips to Walmart, mine has caught almost $15 so far, but keep in mind that I've actually been matching bogos and prices so there wasn't a lot to catch. The downside is that there is a limit to $400 per year that it will catch, so I'm guessing you could work around that by opening a new account when you meet that limit before the year is up.
  • I have not had any savings until this week( was not expecting any) 8 o' coffee 4.98 at Walmart- 3.35 at publix. Using 2 -$1 coupons I got 2 bags for $1.35. The savings only applied to the one bag because the second back was actually free. The Chili entree were $2.77. Walmart had more varieties so I rec. .93 back. I used two $1.50 coupons so it was a $1.16 money maker.
  • In just a few weeks and about 3-4 trips to Walmart, mine has caught almost $15 so far, but keep in mind that I've actually been matching bogos and prices so there wasn't a lot to catch. The downside is that there is a limit to $400 per year that it will catch, so I'm guessing you could work around that by opening a new account when you meet that limit before the year is up.

    I'll take $400! But that's a good idea you've for opening a new account...I wonder if anyone will have reached the $400 limit?
  • I am pretty sure the Community Coffee that will be BOGO $6.99 at Publix in the new ad is $4.98 at WalMart. There are $4/2 MQs, so it will make for cheap coffee even without Savings Catcher, but if Savings Catcher kicks in, the coffee will be free.
    Florida

    Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

    Feedback: http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/8313089/maureenl
  • Except my WalMart will NOT allow you to use a any amount/2 purchase as they say your on,y buying one ...they are a waste of my time and efforts
  • edited September 2014

    In just a few weeks and about 3-4 trips to Walmart, mine has caught almost $15 so far, but keep in mind that I've actually been matching bogos and prices so there wasn't a lot to catch. The downside is that there is a limit to $400 per year that it will catch, so I'm guessing you could work around that by opening a new account when you meet that limit before the year is up.

    I'll take $400! But that's a good idea you've for opening a new account...I wonder if anyone will have reached the $400 limit?
    Oh, I'm in no way knocking $400. Don't get me wrong..hehe. But I'm sure that it will be easy to reach that amount, especially when you get closer to Christmas and it starts catching toys and electronics. $400 works out to be around $33.33 per month. I'll take those savings for sure as well! Saving mine up for Christmas time actually :)

  • In just a few weeks and about 3-4 trips to Walmart, mine has caught almost $15 so far, but keep in mind that I've actually been matching bogos and prices so there wasn't a lot to catch. The downside is that there is a limit to $400 per year that it will catch, so I'm guessing you could work around that by opening a new account when you meet that limit before the year is up.

    I'll take $400! But that's a good idea you've for opening a new account...I wonder if anyone will have reached the $400 limit?
    Oh, I'm in no way knocking $400. Don't get me wrong..hehe. But I'm sure that it will be easy to reach that amount, especially when you get closer to Christmas and it starts catching toys and electronics. $400 works out to be around $33.33 per month. I'll take those savings for sure as well! Saving mine up for Christmas time actually :)

    Ooooooh! I hadn't even thought about Christmas! Bonus!!!!
  • At first I was excited about Savings Catcher, it worked when I bought 2 flavors of the Eight O'clock coffee the week before last. My receipt I submitted earlier this week only caught the WD Kraft cheese, a whopping 26 cents. None of my Publix's purchases were caught. I made sure I bought different flavors and matched the sizes, etc. It seems very inconsistent. I submitted receipts from yesterday with the Community coffee, skinny girl popcorn and a few other things. I am not going to hold my breath. My girlfriend's WM in Plant City, FL said they were going to continuing matching BOGO at their prices. Time to live off the old stockpile.
  • edited September 2014
    Yeah..I asked customer service yesterday just for the heck of it and they said they didn't know of a date yet which was funny, considering I had been given a date just a week beforehand. I guess no one knows..lol. I'll keep matching until they stop me.
  • ok. i'm reading all this and i don't understand how it works at. all. must be the baby sucking out my brain cells. is there a savings catcher for dummies site?
Sign In or Register to comment.