RSS widget

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

images-2 ss_clickprintsave-300x250-v1 Grocery_125x125hopster-ihpcommon-kindness-ihppublix-digital-coupons

Publix Coupon Policy Changes (As of 10/1/14)

Comments

• kdress said:

I am really bummed about the gas card coupon not being combined with the dollars-off-total-order coupon. It never even occurred to me that it could be part of the new policy.

For the most part, I was okay with the changes because I live in a heavily couponed area and I cannot remember the last time that there was even enough stock left to use more than 4 manuf's coupons. Plus my customer service desk has never written me a raincheck for the advantage buy flyer items, and I figured now they would have to. And that people would ask for multiple rainchecks of one item, undermines the purpose of having limits on the number of items in a raincheck. Overall, good clarifying changes IMO.

But the Winn-Dixie coupons being done after this year, Walmart no longer bogo-matching changes, and now my gas card deal not looking as great as it did on Monday b/c of losing the $5... it's like I wish I knew 2 months ago this would happen. And I am definitely going to have to re-evaluate my grocery budget for next year.

Lol, and I just explained to someone last week how you can use a $10 gas card coupon and a $5 Winn Dixie both on a $50 purchase. Oops

I also miss that extra $5, but some people (like qpongal) lost the ability to stack the gas card coupon and WD $5/$30 the last time the policy was updated. I got to continue stacking for many months longer than a lot of people here only because my store managers continued to allow the practice despite the corporate policy. I am not surprised that the company is taking a hard line now and spelling it out clearly in the policy that the gas card coupon cannot be stacked with a basket coupon.

Florida

Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

Feedback: http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/8313089/maureenl
  • Has anyone heard of publix not taking the printed coupons, the manager told me today that they would not be taking them after the 18th, that we would have to go to publix digital to get coupons instead of printing them.
  • qpongalqpongal ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    so NOT true! Talk about mis informed mngmt. ~X( Policy says something to the effect that Pblx will not accept coupons that they deem to be printed incorrectly ( missing a size or standadard coupon details, look fraudalant or photocopied etc etc). Go to Pblx website & view the policy for yourself & you will see that there is nothing at all in the policy like that. Furthermore....if mngr still insists after you discuss it...call corporate because that is just not accurate at all. **You might want to post your question on the Pblx facebook page then do a screen shot of their response & take that with you next time you shop at that store.
    Fl. Panhandle: The BLACK HOLE of coupons! Feedback: http://iheartpublix.vanillaforums.com/discussion/3770439/qpongal#latest
  • Today was the 10th day the new Q policy has been in effect (of course we have the grace period until the 18th). Would you believe there are still some customer service people and MANAGEMENT that don't have a clue it is now spelled out to write RCs for the purple and green flyers? And for some reason they believe the policy has been changed as to not accept expired coupons with a RC. I think if you are a cashier, and especially if you work behind customer service, it should be required reading to read the policy on the Publix website.

• I also miss that extra $5, but some people (like qpongal) lost the ability to stack the gas card coupon and WD $5/$30 the last time the policy was updated. I got to continue stacking for many months longer than a lot of people here only because my store managers continued to allow the practice despite the corporate policy. I am not surprised that the company is taking a hard line now and spelling it out clearly in the policy that the gas card coupon cannot be stacked with a basket coupon.

Thanks for putting it into perspective. Sorry for whining, everyone!
    Gainesville
  • maureenlmaureenl admin
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for putting it into perspective. Sorry for whining, everyone!

You aren't whining. It's a lot at once. Walgreens and WD tightened their policies in June (not that I shop at either place much), now Publix has tightened up and WM no longer BOGO-matches at WM price, and we are losing the Enjoy the City WD $/$$ coupons on January 1. I rarely get Publix $/$$ coupons (maybe a $5/$50 once a year) and don't have a Fresh Market, Whole Foods, or Albertson's nearby, so whatever $/$$ coupons I'll have will be WD and Target coupons that randomly appear.

I am feeling it, and trying to steel myself for the loss of the WD coupons, particularly since prices are going up. But I also know that I started hardcore couponing long after the heyday when people were using any competitor coupon at Publix and were allowed to stack a BOGO MQ with a $/1 MQ and a store coupon and were allowed to stack Buy A, Get B with Buy B, Get C with Buy C, Get D coupons when they only bought one each of A, B, C, and D. Some people were even allowed to use a Publix, competitor, and MQ on the same item. They also had much higher coupon values to play with.

They adjusted and so will we. We'll still have great BOGO deals and lots of Publix coupons in the AB flyers and booklets and great rebate offers. Maybe once Publix realizes the WDs are gone, more regions will get the $/$$ Publix coupons once in a while.

ETA - Many people here (some of them in Florida) have never been able to use WD $/$$ coupons, and many also lost double-coupons at Kroger last year. Everyone is having to adjust to a loss of good deals.
    Florida

Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

• Honestly speaking, I think that as long as Publix continues the BOGO's and continues with the coupons in the AB flyers, we will still be able to get some great deals. We are fortunate that Publix puts out so many store Q's and allows the stacking of SQ & MQ. Winn Dixie stopped those (at least consistently) long ago...

My parents came from a communist country where there was ZERO opportunity to stock up on anything of value. Many of our grandparents suffered thru the depression. We can survive the new coupon policy :)>-

Let's just think of the random $/$$ as gravy!
  • The cashier at Publix told me today in Jacksonville, FL, that they will no longer be taking Target coupons after October 18. There is a Target right next door to the store. They will still take Winn Dixie, Whole Foods, and Fresh Market.
  • Is it a Super Target or a regular Target?
    Florida

Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

• It is a regular Target. But, they have a good bit of groceries, and cold and frozen.
  • maureenlmaureenl admin
    edited October 2014
    Two policy changes ago, most Publix stores dropped Target unless the Target is a Super Target and is within a few miles of a Publix. One of our forum members has a Publix that is in the same shopping plaza as a regular Target, and her store dropped Target about 1-1/2 years ago. I have a Super Target in town, but two of the six stores in my area that have been taking Target coupons won't after October 18. Only the stores that are very close to the Super Target will continue to take Target coupons after October 18.
    Florida

Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

• Thank you for the info!
  • Hmmmmm....there isn't a Super Target anywhere near me...no one has mentioned to me if they will be dropping target as a competitor but all of your comments are making me think that I need to flat out ask!
  • 3 of my Publix stores are dropping target in Jax....one of them sharing a wall with publix :(...the rest are within few miles...the target is a regular one not super!
  • I have already had an issue with the coupon size restriction tonight. I purchased the Pillsbury crescent rolls that were 10 for 10. I preceded to the checkout line and a friend of mine was the cashier. She said that the cashiers would probably not take the Pillsbury coupon for .40/2 because it did not have a size. I only bought 2 and she allowed me to use the coupon this time. I think this is ridiculous on this type of transaction. However, she said that they were told to inform all couponers that they will not be taking any coupon that does not state the size requirement. It also took me three times as long to check out because they read every line on the coupon. :(
  • maureenl said:

Someone on the main IHP page posted this comment in the thread about the new policy:

I called publix and here is what I was told. I will use Tide as an example.

1)If it says $1 off any tide it is good.
    2)If it says $1 off tide excluding travel or trial size it is good
    3)If it says $1 off tide is is bad.

It has to either have an exclusion or use wording like any.

The Sambazon bottles do say "any," so they ought to be allowed on the small bottles.

My coupon said off any and was printed from coupons.com. It was the Pillsbury crescent rolls and the cashier said next time they would not take it. :(
  • The word "any" on the coupon fulfills the size requirement. Next time, tell them to look up their employees-only FAQ list.
  • doudouzy said:

3 of my Publix stores are dropping target in Jax....one of them sharing a wall with publix :(...the rest are within few miles...the target is a regular one not super!

Doudouzy, which Publix in Jax are you referring too?? So far Publix on Southside & Baymeadows still accepts Target & I believe Baymeadows and 9A (295) & also Southside & Touchton as well!!
  • Publix on San Jose told me they are dropping Target coupons. They said many others are, as well.
  • I thought we were going to have an "across the board" policy, but still not on some things unfortunately. One store was great, and I thought this was part of the new policy, their internal memo/Q&As. Redeeming a raincheck when there's less than the # of items on the shelf. The one store said they cannot cross off the original # and put the new # of items left, but they CAN write you a totally new RC with the number of deals remaining. They said that was the new policy. That's great!

Then yesterday I went to another store, which has been very coupon friendly, and I had a RC for the Olay but there was only 1 of the $6.99 items on the shelf. I would have waited to use it until I could find more at once, but that R&R rebate ends tomorrow, as far as making your purchases. So since the other store rewrote the RC with no issues, I ASSumed this was the new way, but the cashier said no. I told her I believed it was part of the new policy, and she called over one of the CS managers who was very nice and explained to the cashier that I was correct and she took the RC over to CS to rewrite it. When she came back, she told me she had made a mistake, but because she had already told me she would rewrite the RC she did. She said the person who is "in charge" of knowing the policy, said no, you HAVE to buy all the items at once, that they cannot rewrite RCs going forward even when there is not enough on the shelf.

So I just called customer care to find out what the policy really is on that subject, and after checking and verifying, this is what she told me....as far as redeeming RCs with less than the number of items on the shelf, it is up to the store manager if they will rewrite the raincheck.

What are others running into as far as using RCs with less than the # of items desired on the shelf(in the back)?

• I know they had a problem in the past with people getting a rain check for 10 items and only buying two at a time (getting the rain check adjusted from 10 to 8 to 6, etc.) in order to extend the rain check as long as possible. There was a crackdown on that behavior on the last coupon policy update such that people had to surrender the rain check at the time it was used even if the customer bought fewer items than the rain check allowed. That, however, assumed the store had enough product on the shelf to completely fulfill the number of items the rain check was written for.

In the past, my stores would extend a rain check if they knew the store had been completely out of the product (or if the product had been very difficult to keep on the shelf) for the period of time the rain check was good.

I haven't asked to extend a rain check for a long time because I have six Publix stores in my area, and I am almost always able to get the items I want before the rain check expires. I think my stores would continue to extend a rain check if they knew the product had been out-of-stock or back-ordered at the warehouse, but I haven't tested that theory.
    Florida

Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

• tracy7920 said:

The cashier at my publix told me this morning that they would no longer be accepting target coupons effective October 1.

Correct. No Target Coupons
  • kdress said:

I am really bummed about the gas card coupon not being combined with the dollars-off-total-order coupon. It never even occurred to me that it could be part of the new policy.

For the most part, I was okay with the changes because I live in a heavily couponed area and I cannot remember the last time that there was even enough stock left to use more than 4 manuf's coupons. Plus my customer service desk has never written me a raincheck for the advantage buy flyer items, and I figured now they would have to. And that people would ask for multiple rainchecks of one item, undermines the purpose of having limits on the number of items in a raincheck. Overall, good clarifying changes IMO.

But the Winn-Dixie coupons being done after this year, Walmart no longer bogo-matching changes, and now my gas card deal not looking as great as it did on Monday b/c of losing the $5... it's like I wish I knew 2 months ago this would happen. And I am definitely going to have to re-evaluate my grocery budget for next year.

Lol, and I just explained to someone last week how you can use a $10 gas card coupon and a $5 Winn Dixie both on a $50 purchase. Oops

Nope. Your total had to equal the requirement on the coupon. $50 for the gas coupon and $40 for the WD coupon combined.
  • gshaynes said:

Has anyone heard of publix not taking the printed coupons, the manager told me today that they would not be taking them after the 18th, that we would have to go to publix digital to get coupons instead of printing them.

You can't use a Digital coupon AND a paper coupon for the same item. One or the other.
  • lrrotti said:

doudouzy said:

3 of my Publix stores are dropping target in Jax....one of them sharing a wall with publix :(...the rest are within few miles...the target is a regular one not super!

Doudouzy, which Publix in Jax are you referring too?? So far Publix on Southside & Baymeadows still accepts Target & I believe Baymeadows and 9A (295) & also Southside & Touchton as well!!
    The CS @Publix on San Jose informed me so.. ..they said no more target coupons....I went today and "Baaammm" a big sign on their door said they take Target #:-S
  • My publix still has the big sign up front saying they take target whole foods and winn Dixie but the cashiers say only winn Dixie are accepted.
    I called another publix who said they took target coupons so I went there. I had two target coupons and the cashier had to call over a supervisor for each one. Two coupons for $1 each. Then after I paid the cashier said "sorry about that" to the customer behind me. I would rather them not take the coupon then take it after making it difficult and giving you attitude for following their policy.
    The next week I went back to my regular publix, I had a coupon that I printed from coupons.com - it was black and white since I printed it from work and the assistant mgr said he would accept it this time but that it looked copied and he would not allow black and white printed coupons in the future.
    I never had any problems with coupons before this policy change and now it seems they are looking for any excuse not to accept them.
  • My publix still has the big sign up front saying they take target whole foods and winn Dixie but the cashiers say only winn Dixie are accepted.
    I called another publix who said they took target coupons so I went there. I had two target coupons and the cashier had to call over a supervisor for each one. Two coupons for $1 each. Then after I paid the cashier said "sorry about that" to the customer behind me. I would rather them not take the coupon then take it after making it difficult and giving you attitude for following their policy.
    The next week I went back to my regular publix, I had a coupon that I printed from coupons.com - it was black and white since I printed it from work and the assistant mgr said he would accept it this time but that it looked copied and he would not allow black and white printed coupons in the future.
    I never had any problems with coupons before this policy change and now it seems they are looking for any excuse not to accept them.
  • johnejohne ✭✭✭

tracy7920 said:

The cashier at my publix told me this morning that they would no longer be accepting target coupons effective October 1.

Correct. No Target Coupons
    Publix stores all around me are still taking Target coupons-no problems.

Acworth, GA feedback http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/3826368/johne#latest I request not to be sent coupons that have been bought from clipping sites or ebay.
  • johnejohne ✭✭✭
    gshaynes said:

Has anyone heard of publix not taking the printed coupons, the manager told me today that they would not be taking them after the 18th, that we would have to go to publix digital to get coupons instead of printing them.

This is definitely not correct-all Publix stores are supposed to still take printed coupons.

Acworth, GA feedback http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/3826368/johne#latest I request not to be sent coupons that have been bought from clipping sites or ebay.
  • johnejohne ✭✭✭

gshaynes said:

You can't use a Digital coupon AND a paper coupon for the same item. One or the other.
    That is not what was being asked.