RSS widget

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

images-2 ss_clickprintsave-300x250-v1 Grocery_125x125hopster-ihpcommon-kindness-ihppublix-digital-coupons

New Winndixie coupon policy at store #142 in Hilliard, FL

I went to the store yesterday and when I got in line to check out the clerk said they had a new coupon policy in place and that I could only get 6 like items. I showed her the coupon policy that I had printed that morning off their wed site and it did not have anything like what you was saying, I had a run in with the manager and I plan on calling the corp office this morning. They did not make the changes on the web site nor did they have anything posted on the window going into Winn-Dixie. It is getting harder and harder using coupons.

Comments

• suboys64suboys64 ✭✭✭
    Yes they have a new weitten policy to help make everything uhiform.
    6 is okay with me as Publix stores around here are all limit 1 max 2 deals.
  • I sympathize with your frustration in being told of new store policies when you got to the register, but the WD published coupon policy does state the store managers have the right to impose limits at their discretion.

Store Management can accept, deny or limit the use of coupons at their discretion, to comply with our policy guidelines. Limits may include large number of coupons on any one item for multiple purchases for the same guest.

And as Suboys noted, Publix store manager have the same discretion, and some Publix stores do impose strict limits on the number of items a customer may buy and/or the number of like coupons that the store will accept.
    Florida

Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

Feedback: http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/8313089/maureenl
  • Sorry guys, Winn-Dixie did post today their NEW COUPON policy. Its 5 items now, they called me and said they were sorry about the problem I had yesterday and left a $10.00 gift card at guest counter for me to pick up the next time in. My Publix's allow 10 items and the one at the beach does not have a limit. Thanks for the feedback.
  • maureenlmaureenl admin
    edited June 2014
    Wow. They did make serious changes, and they posted their latest policy within the last two hours.

Coupon Acceptance Guidelines [As of June 9]

1. Store Management has the right to accept, decline or limit the use of any coupon(s).

2. Coupons must be presented at the beginning of the transaction.

3. Manufacturer and store coupons will only be redeemed on or before expiration date.

4. All restrictions and/or limits printed on coupons will be enforced.

5. We will accept one manufacturer coupon and one store coupon for the same item.

6. To ensure product availability for all customers, we limit redemption to (5) five like coupons for the same item in the same transaction. For example, if you have six of the same coupon and have purchased six items, we will only accept five of the coupons.

7. Coupons may only be used for products that are currently on-hand at the store location.

8. Only valid Internet coupons that will scan at the register will be redeemed.

9. Only original coupons, no copies, will be accepted.

10. Winn-Dixie will not accept coupons presented via mobile phone or other device.

11. Electronic coupons that are attached to your Customer Rewards Card will deduct automatically at the register when the required purchase is made.

12. A manufacturer coupon cannot be used on the same item as an electronic coupon offer.

13. The total coupon value cannot exceed the price of the item. No cash back will be given nor will cash back be applied to other purchases.

14. Winn-Dixie does not accept any type of coupon for “Make-a-Meal” free items.
    Florida

Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

• maureenlmaureenl admin
    edited June 2014
    Oh, it just occurred to me that WD is not going to allow a coupon on the free item in a BOGO anymore because of #13 (coupon value cannot exceed the price of the item).

Well, my trips to Winn Dixie are going to be VERY infrequent.
    Florida

Target, Winn Dixie
    True BOGO, No Doubles

• crazedmommyof3crazedmommyof3 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Yuck...don't like these changes. Regarding the list posted by maureenl I have a few questions:

#1. Will they have the courtesy of telling you before you get to the register if they will accept your coupon? Do we need to stop at the courtesy desk EACH time before we shop?

#2. Coupons at the beginning? How will that affect the threshold of the X/XX coupons?

#7. So no coupons (or expired coupons) on rain checks?

#13. No cash back or overage towards other purchases sucks.

#14. I guess #13 is the reason they won't accept coupons on the free items of the Make-a meal promos.

How will these changes affect the use of coupons for BOGO's? Do #13 and #14 mean no Q's on the free item?

I haven't been shopping much at Winn Dixie in over a year and I don't think I likely will after this.
  • I have had no problem with store #142 with coupons, i go into the store 2 to 3 times each day and as of this afternoon i have had no problem with the BOGO or any other coupon.
  • kariandolafkariandolaf ✭✭✭
    I wonder what brought about the change (although a lot of stores are changing- like target a couple months ago updated their registers so that giftcard deals aren't money makers (aside from combining with rebates)- e.g, if you have $20 of products that get you a $5 giftcard - like buy 4 garnier get a $5 gc- and you have $15.01- $20 in coupons, it will auto deduct the coupons to $15 so the total of the gift card and coupons don't exceed the value of the products. Yet they are still submitting the full value of those coupons to manufacturers and receiving the full amount).
    Do you think there were ppl complaining about couponers? Or insufficient products (stores where I am don't seem to stock very well for the really good deals- horrible corporate inefficiency- that or they just want to lure you in with a deal that won't be there in hopes you buy other stuff when you find no sale items present- however some stores are good with rain checks while others like target claim on certain giftcard deals the "manufacturer" doesn't allow rain checks which I may just be ignorant but don't believe it)? Sorry rant
    ISO: Lindt coupons, Gatorade coupons, Pepsi coupons
  • It might help but i think you will see more coupons with the value goes up. like 2.00 off 2 being that the stores are saying you cant use 2 coupons on a BOGO. That way you will get 2.00 of the BOGO.