RSS widget

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

images-2 ss_clickprintsave-300x250-v1 Grocery_125x125hopster-ihpcommon-kindness-ihppublix-digital-coupons

What's for dinner?

So I defrosted some boneless skinless chicken breast and already I'm bored!  It feels like I make the same chicken every few days. I searched online but it's overwhelming. What/how do YOU make your chicken?  I'd love any advice...cluck cluck cluck!

Comments

• First I oil the chicken breast and set the oven to 350 I put Jamaican jerk seasoning and slow cook until its cooked all the way. I just make a whole cut up chicken the other day an it was awesome. I marinated in wishbone italian and then did the same things as I do with the other. It was fantastic. I love chicken skin. Not much help. Good luck with your meal. xoxo

• shawnzishawnzi ✭✭✭

bbq chicken. with or without buns. we make ours super spicy with jalapenos and habaneros but you can do it either way. just cut it up into small pieces and throw it into a bottle's worth of any bbq sauce in a small-ish pot (raw). you can add chopped onion, too. stir occasionally for about an hour on low-medium heat. it shreds on its own.  maybe paired with some mac & cheese.

• suboys64suboys64 ✭✭✭

I pounded down some marinated breast the other night and placed some Gouda cheese on them {I'm swimming in cheese}  Folded them in1/2 and dipped in seasoned breadcrumbs and baked. It was very good.

• My favorite recipe for the last month or so has been qpongal's Chicken Thai wraps:
    http://iheartpublix.lefora.com/2013/04/28/looking-for-fast-easy-dinner-ideas/#post12
    Those things are awesome! I substituted a store bought peanut sauce one of the times I made it. Not as good but I liked it. I will say no one person should eat an entire bag of coleslaw, by themselves, in just a couple of days! The results are not desirable.

I also like the Lipton Recipe Secrects Savory something or other (can't remember the exact name) with chicken in the crockpot. Just follow the directions on the package.
    Chicken Spaghetti is yummy too.

Krista (Cutler Bay, Fl)
  • My favorite recipe for the last month or so has been qpongal's Chicken Thai wraps:[url]Those things are awesome! I substituted a store bought peanut sauce one of the times I made it. Not as good but I liked it. I will say no one person should eat an entire bag of coleslaw, by themselves, in just a couple of days! The results are not desirable.I also like the Lipton Recipe Secrects Savory something or other (can't remember the exact name) with chicken in the crockpot. Just follow the directions on the package.Chicken Spaghetti is yummy too.

-kalee

ScaredLOL

http://www.iheartpublix.com/index.php/forum/new-forum/#/discussion/4440493/catiemidd

Darling I'm right in the middle of being fantastic... can you bother me later?

"Keep Calm and Coupon"
  •  I also like the Lipton Recipe Secrects Savory something or other (can't remember the exact name) with chicken in the crockpot. Just follow the directions on the package.

-kalee

I have cans of Recipe Starters (?Campbell's?) that I just can't bring myself to use, not sure why.  Do you know if these are similar to the Lipton?

• qpongalqpongal ✭✭✭✭

My favorite recipe for the last month or so has been qpongal's Chicken Thai wraps:
    [url]
    Those things are awesome! I substituted a store bought peanut sauce one of the times I made it. Not as good but I liked it. I will say no one person should eat an entire bag of coleslaw, by themselves, in just a couple of days! The results are not desirable.

-kalee

Yea...so glad you tried the Thai Chicken Wraps & enjoyed them...we do too! Lots of times I will just make a salad out of all those ingredients & leave off the tortila. 

Sorry you had tummy issues after too juch cole slaw (that actually made me laugh...but still sorry for the issues)

to the OP:one of the fastest, easiest go-to recipes I make with boneless skinless chicken (especially when it is hot outside & I don't want to heat up my kitchen) is a crockpot dish

Crockpot Cream of Chicken

Just toss however many pieces of the boneless skinless breasts into a crockpot, dump in 1 can cream of mushroom soup & 1 can cream of chicken soup that has been mixed with 1 can of water. Add fresh sliced mushrooms, salt & pepper. Cook until done 4 1/2 - 8 hours depending if using a High or Low setting. Serve over rice or noodles.

Another recipe that a forum member posted a couple years ago is delish & easy.

(originally posted by bettyandthejets)

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

Pound each breast slightly, salt & pepper, smear a mixture of cream cheese & green onions over each breast (I like lots of the onions). Wrap a piece of raw bacon around each breast then bake until done.

Fl. Panhandle: The BLACK HOLE of coupons! Feedback: http://iheartpublix.vanillaforums.com/discussion/3770439/qpongal#latest
  • Boo, I don't have a crock pot...I really should get one. I keep hearing that they are great to have. I'm just nervous that my house will catch fire!

And...I don't have bacon!  But that recipe sounds yummy!  I wonder if it would still be good without the bacon?

•     Boo, I don't have a crock pot...I really should get one. I keep hearing that they are great to have. I'm just nervous that my house will catch fire!

-crazedmommyof3

That was a concern for me too when I was working but crockpot meals are soooo easy & I don't have to fool with the meat to much (not a fan of that!) so I starting cooking them while I was home. After I got home I would throw everything together for the crockpot meal while I was making dinner for that night & cook it on high then let it cool & just reheat it the next day. I have also used the crockpot overnight. I figure if the smoke alarms go off when someone burns toast they will definitely go off for a crockpot fire. Mine has the removable dish with a lid so I can just slide it in the fridge & dinner's already done when I get home.

@qpongal - No worries! Its my own fault. I should have known better but they were just so good! Thank you for posting it. It was a stressful couple of days though. Luckily, I have a very gassy Miniature Pincher who sticks very close to me (literally has to be touching me all the time) so I had her to blame it on. Lol.

Krista (Cutler Bay, Fl)
  • Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I know I will try them all, everything sounds so good!  Tonight I made the cream cheese chicken (actually it was the bacon wrapped chicken minus the bacon!). I gotta tell you, it was delicious!  I can only imagine that with the bacon it would be phenomenal!  Cuz, you know, bacon is the bomb!  

Next up I think we'll try the BBQ chicken. That sounds easy good.  I'll keep you posted...

• Dinner was 2 hours ago but I made Fasolka po Bretonsku with Rye bread and some Kielbasa. Polish dinner for tonight. 

• kloriklori ✭✭✭

My favorite Polish dinner is stuffed cabbage, home made of course since I'm Polish. Chicken? Chicken Parm since I married an Italian.  
    How about Chicken soup. I use Rachel Ray's recipe. Only takes an hour and we love it.
    I also make chicken breasts stuffed with mozzarella, smother with sauce, bake and eat with side of spaghetti. Fried chicken, cole slaw and sweet tea. Excuse me, gotta go raid the refrigerator.

Retired to coupon in Riverview! Feedback: http://iheartpublix.vanillaforums.com/discussion/17194380/klori
  • renearenea ✭✭✭

For me it is Chicken Marsala, Chicken Cordon Bleu (I make a Hollandaise sauce with it), Fried Chicken, Chicken & Dumplings, Chicken Florentine or Chicken Pot Pie, these are my faves for chicken! :)

http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/12112617/renea#latest
    Tampa Bay (area), FL
    ISO: Dr. Pepper Q's (Pepsi Product here) :)
  • brigi2tebrigi2te ✭✭✭

Boo, I don't have a crock pot.

-crazedmommyof3

surpriseWHAT?

• mytahmytah ✭✭✭

Dinner was 2 hours ago but I made Fasolka po Bretonsku with Rye bread and some Kielbasa. Polish dinner for tonight. 

-olivkaslivka

Tocino and now this? Wow I wanna come eat at your house! haha.
    I wish I could find "real" kielbasa here...heck we don't even have any good bakeries for authentic rye bread. Can you find Vegeta where you are??
    Mytah ----- Pensacola, FL

• [image]WHAT?

-brigi2te

I know. I received one as a wedding gift 15 years ago and never opened it. I wound up giving it to a church auction. Then I bought one at BJs about 5 years ago after the twins were born which I returned about 2 months later (unopened!) because my MIL house burned to the ground (she had an old Florida home made all of wood...a rarity these days) and it was established that it was an old radio that had been plugged in. Ever since then, I'm very skittish about leaving anything plugged, which I know is ridiculous cause I have a million things plugged in!

• mytahmytah ✭✭✭

Yeah, the chance of a crock pot causing a fire are very low, but if it concerns you, do as I do and set the crockpot on the range top, it can take the heat.

Actually those little blocks used to charge cell phones are more likely to cause a problem. I have seen them fry.

• ...set the crockpot on the range top, it can take the heat.

-mytah

That's a great idea!  I never thought of that. Maybe I'll buy another crockpot...third times a charm?!

• Mytah,

There's a European Meat store in Austell, GA which is about 1 1/2 hr drive from here. But it's worth the drive cause their Polish kielbasa is only $2.39/lb. According to my in-laws, it tastes just like the ones made in Poland. I found Vegeta at the International Market here in Atlanta. Do you want me to send you some? grin Btw, are you Filipino?

• i was afraid of the crock pot too at first, but my mom assured me that it's fine b/c that's what it was made for - slow, all day cooking while you're out of the house! It uses a low wattage.

I say it's a good investment :)

We're having this chicken dish tonight (minus the garlic) http://everydaypaleo.com/sun-dried-tomato-chicken-bake/

it's so yummy and it's very easy

Tampa/Brandon
  • Crockpot Mexican Chicken

1 lb of chicken breasts--( can be frozen!)  Add some taco seasoning (I do half of one packet), a jar of salsa, can of drained, rinsed black beans, and a bag of frozen corn.  Cook on low about 5-6 hrs.  Shred chicken before serving  Serve over yellow rice, or use for quesadilla filling.  Also, one time I added a few big tablespoons of cream cheese about 30 min before serving so it was nice and creamy.

Soooo easy and so delish, my hub and kids eat it up!  Also, I wind up freezing a portion of it every time. I should really double the recipe once and have dinner made for a future night.

• CrockPot Chili

1lb ground beef ( or chicken)
    1 can Rotel 
    1 Jalapeno, diced
    1 large onions, diced
    1 can Kidney beans
    1 can Pinto Beans
    1 can Tomato Sauce
    1 pouch Chili seasoning
    1-2 cups water
    1 cup frozen corn ( optional)

Brown the ground meat, drain excess oil and add onions, sweat onions.
    Dump everything in the crockpot, cook on low for 8 hours. I added an extra tablespoon of cumin on mine. You can omit the jalapeno if you dont like it too spicy.
    Serve with sourcream, extra diced onions and grated cheese.

I made a huge pot of this 2 weeks ago. I portioned and freeze the leftover and brought it to work for lunch. It gets better everday. 

• Easiest and my favorite:

Rub olive oil over chicken generously. Salt. Pepper. Bake. Devour.

April
    Well behaved women rarely make history.
  • suboys64suboys64 ✭✭✭

Nothing! Apparentally my family doesn't know how to feed themselves when I'm gone. Super late lunch.

• mytahmytah ✭✭✭

Mytah,
    There's a European Meat store in Austell, GA which is about 1 1/2 hr drive from here. But it's worth the drive cause their Polish kielbasa is only $2.39/lb. According to my in-laws, it tastes just like the ones made in Poland. I found Vegeta at the International Market here in Atlanta. Do you want me to send you some? [image] Btw, are you Filipino?

-olivkaslivka

I'm sorry olivaslivka, i just saw this. No I'm not Filipino, I'm about as white as they get :) Polish/Irish heritage. But I have a passion for cooking AND eating asian cuisine. One of my favorites is Vietnamese foods.
    Im currently working my way through this book. I love it its one of the best out there. http://www.amazon.com/Into-Vietnamese-Kitchen-Treasured-Foodways/dp/1580086659/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377185902&sr=8-1&keywords=into+the+vietnamese+kitchen

Im going to keep up my search for Vegeta hahah. I bet I would go crazy at that meat store :)

• My husband is Polish, and I try to make Polish meals at least 3x a week for him. I'm proud to say that I taught myself how to cook. Lol. I love Vietnamese food too! I've made Pho a few times last winter.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/chasethestars86/8448429679/

I bet you know what Bigos is. Oh my goodness! That Polish dish is so good! My MIL only makes it for Easter and Christmas Eve. I made it a couple times.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/chasethestars86/sets/72157630136191428/

Thai food is also very good and tasty.
  • Seafood Alfredo:
       1 bag of Fresh Express Salad kit (2 SWB Q's $1 during BOGO @3.99)
       2 packages of Buitoni Fettucine Noodles (2 PQ $1 during BOGO @$2.29)
       1 jar of Ragu Alfredo Sauce (PQ $1 used at SWB during BOGO @$1.69 +2  $3 MQ for ground beef)
       1/4 lb of Shrimp (used the $2 off $20...what a misprint, what if it had been $20 off of $2 ? LOL)
       1/4 lb of Shrimp (used the $2 off $20 Hubby's buy)
    +  1/4 lb of Scallops (used the $2 off $20 DD's buy)
    oop was somewhere around $3.65...has to be the cheapest meal I ever served that we all liked and voted as a make again meal. I'm sure you all do it all the time, but what a lovely frugal meal for us!

I LOVE couponing!!!!

Happiest Saving!
  • Ramos46 sounds very similar to our delish free dinner this evening. Didn't cost us a penny and that made it taste so much better.
    14 shrimp skewers
    2 jars bertoli mushroom Alfredo sauce
    2 pkgs buitoni fettucini
    1 Pillsbury grands bisquits
    1 fresh express Caesar salad kit.
    70 nice size shrimp came off those skewers sautteed them in white wine and garlic...yummy! Thank u publix for an amazing free dinner.
  • renearenea ✭✭✭

LOL, too funny. Tonight I made Mexican all from scratch though, which is a fave for me. But, last night DH wanted to get in the kitchen and made some kind of Tuna Alfredo with the Buitoni Pasta & Bertolli Alfredo sauce and of course doctored it up with a bunch of stuff (I don't even want to know how much fat/calories was in it lol)! And of course he made Crescent Rolls to go with it! Love it! :)

http://iheartpublixforum.com/discussion/12112617/renea#latest
    Tampa Bay (area), FL
    ISO: Dr. Pepper Q's (Pepsi Product here) :)
  • Lasagna tonight for us!!! devil Publix was forcing me to make it, so I caved. 

http://www.iheartpublix.com/index.php/forum/new-forum/#/discussion/4440493/catiemidd

Darling I'm right in the middle of being fantastic... can you bother me later?

"Keep Calm and Coupon"